When to outsource to a print management firm?
Print is often not thought of as a business priority and when it is, it can be knocked down the priority list by more time or money sensitive tasks. But a failure to properly monitor and manage your printing could be costing your business a lot of money.
There are numerous costs attached to printing (some of which are not so obvious) these include:
- The initial outlay involved with purchasing physical printers
- Maintenance costs
- Energy costs to keep the printers working (printers can use a large amount of energy even when they are stood idle)
- The cost of buying replacement ink
- Paper costs
- The cost of collecting and recycling unused printed documents
- The cost of collecting and destroying printed sensitive documents
If you’re looking to make business cost-savings or if you feel you’re losing control of your printing, then outsourcing your entire print needs to a print management firm can help you save money. It also allows for transparency around what is being printed, when and by who.
But, how do you know when the right time is to outsource your printing needs? Well, it may be time to engage with a print management firm, if:
- Your internal teams are spending a large proportion of their time managing print jobs
- Your equipment is no longer able to handle the volume of your printing
- It will cost a lot of money to replace your aging print equipment
- Your printing costs are increasing year-on-year
- As your business is growing your current print system isn’t able to manage this uptake in demand
- There’s inconsistency in the quality of printed materials that are being sent out across the business
- You’re seeing duplication in print across different business areas
- The IT department is being called away from business-critical tasks to manage print jobs or to fix issues with printers
For over 30 years we’ve been working with businesses large and small across the UK and internationally to handle their printing needs, no matter how complex they are. Find out how our expert print team can manage your printing tasks by completing our online enquiry form, making sure you leave your contact details and a brief message detailing your requirements.