Hague is committed to the ongoing reduction of the environmental impact of all its operations.
Operating throughout the UK, Hague has nine centers, along with five strategic warehouse facilities, offering stock holding and distribution services to our client base. Our head office, based in West Yorkshire, and our technical center based in Reading produces innovative security software solutions.
Hague plans for continuous improvement in environmental performance and is committed to the protection of the environment and the prevention of pollution.
Environmental initiatives are led by the Group MD and are being encouraged and followed by the staff and management team. We have the following objectives and activities:
- Operating in full compliance with all applicable environmental legislation relative to our products, processes and activities.
- Reduction of waste to landfill, effective use of energy sources and assessment of substances and materials for re-use and recycling.
- Reduction in the use of organic solvents whilst maintaining the quality of our products to our customers.
- We seek to reduce our consumption of natural resources and energy wherever practical. To that end, we have: Installed PV on the roof at Hague Head Offices, saving the generation of power from non-renewable sources, installed an Air Source Heating system at our Head Office, resulting in a reduction in energy pa and installed LED lights in our new warehouse, and motion sensors in two buildings, resulting in a reduction in energy pa.
- Environmental evaluation of new developments in technology, processes, substances and materials and the application of best practice environmental options and techniques. For example, in addition to the site specific renewable energy generation and reduced cost lighting described above, we have actively promoted the use of non-fossil fuel vehicles, 10 of the 11 most recent replacement vehicles have been electric cars, the other being a hybrid. Charging points have been introduced in 3 of our office locations- Normanton, Manchester and Leicester.
- Encourage our employees, suppliers and customers to understand and recognise their obligations regarding environmental protection and continual improvement. Environmental awareness training will be given to all staff.
- Carry out regular environmental audits of all aspects of the Company business.
- Develop effective means for responding to accidents or emergencies and thereby avoiding or reducing the effects of the environment.
The Group MD and the Company Board will review these environmental objectives and related targets at least annually.